Making Sense of Behaviour is a training course for all Teachers, Senior Leaders, Teaching Assistants & Cover Supervisors and aims to support confidence when working with managing challenging behaviour in a classroom setting. It encourages reflection on the links between social, emotional and mental health needs and challenging or worrying behaviour.
It covers both theoretical and practical elements including:-
This course is designed to help practitioners from across the school sector to:
• Understand the causes and function of behaviour
• Develop practical strategies for working effectively with children and young people
• Consider ways of relating to reduce anxiety, prevent and de-escalate challenging behaviour.
• Feel confident in working with behaviour which challenges us.
• Work with emotional and behavioural communication in the classroom setting
• Recognise the emotional impact on staff through developing reflective practice
• Use psychodynamic approaches to understand and manage relationships