The Growing Future Leaders Programme is designed to help develop outstanding school leaders for the future – the next generation of headteachers who are capable and confident in working in a very different environment to the historic models of leadership in schools. The programme will develop potential at any stage of a teacher’s career and sustain and reinforce personal ambition and professional aspiration in order to create a cohort of leaders committed to securing excellence for all in our schools.
While it is concerned with the future of leadership the programme is also designed to enhance participants’ current practice and make a direct impact on their school and, in particular, develop confidence in leading teaching and learning, closing the gap and as a systems leader, has a focus on collaborative working.
The programme was designed by Professor John West-Burnham working with over 30 headteachers and deputy headteachers in Oxfordshire and he is again leading the Programme in 2019/20
OTSA partner schools - £850 + VAT
OTSA non partner schools* - £1100 + VAT
The programme is made up of three interdependent elements:
- Workshops: 6 one-day workshops at regular intervals throughout the year
- School based learning: participants will work on a genuine leadership issue in their own schools
- Collaborative projects: small groups of participants will work together on a shared issue
- to develop the next generation of system leaders and headteachers
- to identify talent and leadership potential at any stage of a teacher's career
- to create a cohort of leaders committed to securing excellence for all
- to enhance participants’ current leadership practice in their schools
- to develop participants as systems leaders able to work collaboratively across schools
Applications: Participants may be at different stages of their leadership career, but all will be recommended by their headteacher as having the potential to become a highly effective systems leader in an ever changing educational environment. Full details of the Growing Future Leaders Programme, including the application process and selection criteria, are contained in the GFL programme prospectus. Once you have made a booking your confirmation email will contain the Prospectus and Application Form or you can dowload the information via the link below.
Successful completion of the programme requires participation at all six face-to-face sessions.
Application window closes at midday on Friday 20th September 2019